Low fat low sodium recipe - Tasty Recipes & Healthy Recipies
Recipes - How to Cook Make & Prepare Low fat low sodium recipe
Low fat low sodium recipe
Low Fat Macaroni and Cheese
One of our family's favorite recipes made healthy and low fat! This version of baked macaroni and cheese is made with non-fat cheddar cheese and skim milk, yet it still tastes great! You could also substitute reduced-fat cheese for the non-fat if desired.
* Mix together 1/2 c. of the milk along with flour, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
* Into a medium or large saucepan, add remaining 1 1/2 c. milk and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
* Add the flour to the heated milk and cook, while continuing to stir, for 1-2 minutes. This will be the thickening sauce for the cheese.
* Now add 1 1/2 c. of cheese to the milk and stir until the cheese is melted.
* Remove from heat and stir in the macaroni until combined well.
* Spread macaroni into a greased (with your choice of cooking spray), casserole dish.
* Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (I cheat and use more cheese! ;o)
* Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
Worried about Acne or Pimples ?
Get Rid of your Acne in 5 simple steps :
More Lowfat Recipes
|© www.Recipes-recipies.com All Rights Reserved 2005|