Low fat diabetic recipe - Tasty Recipes & Healthy Recipies
Recipes - How to Cook Make & Prepare
Low fat diabetic recipe
2 3x1-inch strips orange peel (orange part only)
-- cut into thin slivers
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. Cold water
2 cup Low-fat milk
1 tbsp. Coarsely chopped orange peel
-- (orange part only)
2 Whole Cloves
1 Cinnamon sticks
2 large Eggs
1 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2. Combine sugar and lemon juice in heavy small saucepan.
3. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
4. Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup turns golden, brushing down sides of saucepan with wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming and swirling saucepan occasionally, about 7 minutes.
5. Add 2 tablespoons water (caramel may bubble up); swirl saucepan to combine.
6. Pour caramel over strips of orange peel in custard cups, dividing evenly.
7. FOR CUSTARD: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 F. Combine milk, orange peel, cloves and cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan.
8. Heat over medium heat until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring occasionally.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Cover and steep 15 minutes.
11. Strain milk mixture, discarding solids.
12. Whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl to blend.
13. Gradually whisk in warm milk.
14. Pour custard over caramel in cups.
15. Place cups in large baking pan. Transfer baking pan to oven.
16. Carefully add enough boiling water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
17. Bake until custards are set and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
18. Cool in water bath on rack 2 hours.
19. Remove cups from water bath; cover with plastic and chill overnight.
20. Loosen edges of caramel, using tip of small knife.
21. Invert onto plates, letting caramel drip over custard; serve.
Worried about Acne or Pimples ?
Get Rid of your Acne in 5 simple steps :
More Lowfat Recipes
|© www.Recipes-recipies.com All Rights Reserved 2005|