Low fat cooking recipe - Tasty Recipes & Healthy Recipies
Recipes - How to Cook Make & Prepare Low fat cooking recipe
Low fat cooking recipe
1 can healthy choice cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken can be used for those that do not like mushrooms)
1 1/2 tsp. dried crused basil (oregano may also be used)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or about two cloves fresh garlic)
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 cup uncooked instant rice (or regular rice, whichever you prefer)
2/3 cup Sliced Mushrooms (Optional)
2 tbsp. oil (i use olive, but it's up to you or what you have available)
2. Place chicken in skillet and sprinkle evenly the salt, pepper, garlic & basil.
3. Cook chicken strips over medium-high until they are browned well on all sides, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook an additional 5-7 minutes (stiring every couple minutes).
4. In a separate pan, cook rice as directed on package.
5. (*note: egg noodles or similar pasta may be used instead of rice) At this time, remove the chicken from skillet and let sit until it's cool enough to handle.
6. With your fingers, shred the chicken strips into bite size pieces (your preference).
7. This may add a few minutes to your cooking time, and you can also just put the chicken in the skillet to begin with in bite size cubes; however shredding it after it's cooked tends to make it more tender and it absorbs the flavor of the sauce better.
8. Add chicken back to skillet and at this time also add your mushrooms if you so desire them.
9. Cook mushrooms about a minute.
10. In a small bowl, mix soup with about a can of water (For a creamier, thicker sauce you can use half water & half milk) just until there are no lumps.
11. Pour soup mixture over chicken and raise heat to medium high until the soup just comes to a boil.
12. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
13. Serve over rice!.
Worried about Acne or Pimples ?
Get Rid of your Acne in 5 simple steps :
More Lowfat Recipes
|© www.Recipes-recipies.com All Rights Reserved 2005|